Our products are driven by science.
Eccentric Training explained briefly:
During an eccentric contraction, the muscle elongates while under tension due to an opposing force. This muscle action occurs during everyday activities such as lowering a weight, walking down a hill or performing a squat. Rather than working to pull a joint in the direction of the muscle contraction, the muscle acts to decelerate the joint at the end of a movement or otherwise control there positioning of a load.
Studies have shown that Strength training involving both eccentric and concentric contractions increase muscular strength more than training with concentric contractions alone.
In essence, the Grucox Eccentric Trainer is an interactive leg training machine,which allows the user to combine eccentric and concentric exercises, while keeping track of performance data.
This allows the user to optimize his/her training routine in order to achieve maximum strength and endurance gains in the shortest period of time.
The Grucox utilizes Reactive Muscle Conditioning Technology™, a dual direction modal exercise technology which allows the user to combine concentric and eccentric muscle exercises during a single training routine.
This invariably results in a greater improvement in strength, mobility and proprioception – as compared to traditional concentric exercises.
The Grucox employs a state of the art Servo-Drive system, which allows the software to accurately regulate the speed and torque , providing the user with a seamless / optimised experience.
- Targets Fast Twitch (white) muscle fibers
- Enhances explosive muscle power and agility
- Vastly improved muscle injury prevention
- Low joint impact - ideal for older patients
- Increases the body’s ability to synthesise collagen
- Aids in structural responses.
- Easy and fast user setup
- Monitor performance of each leg individually
- Enables targeted training sessions
Broad Spectrum of Applications:Rehabilitation:
- Targeted and General Rehabilitation
- Injury prevention training
- Condition Specific treatment
- Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) training
- Muscle Function Tests
- VO2 Max and Function Threashold Power (FTP)
- Strength and Endurance Tests
- Targeted strength, power and endurance training
- Geriatric patients - including stair ascent and descent
- Improved muscle mobility for daily activities
- Improve balance, blood flow and stability
- Ideal for patients with low cardiac output
- Knee and Ankle ligament sprains
- Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome
- Patella-Tendonopathy (Runners knee)
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Lower limb dysfunctions and weakness
- Maximum Torque Output: 300 Nm
- Maximum Cadence: 100 Rpm
- Maximum Power Output: 3000 Watt
- Horizontal Seat Adjustment: 93 mm
- Vertical Seat Adjustment: 590 mm – 780 mm
- Touch Screen Interface: 11.6” Touch LCD Display
- Length: 1570 mm
- Width: 575 mm
- Height: 1550 mm
- Weight: 140 kg
- Input Voltage: 230 V